Are you finally going on that long-awaited vacation with your family? Or have you been appointed by your company to attend an overseas exhibition and conference? If your targeted destination is London, one of the airports you can arrive at is Gatwick Airport. If you want to enjoy a convenient travel experience, you can never go wrong with London airport transfer. An amazing service like this can chauffeur you wherever you plan to go in the city!
Getting to Know London
London attracts many travellers and tourists all over the world per year. As the capital city of England, London is home to a wide variety of lavish places of interests. Additionally, these attractions are suitable for people of all ages. Some of the most visited places in the city include the Houses of Parliament (a cultural heritage in London), the Royal Opera House (perfect for fans of drama and stage shows), Regent’s Park (one of the most popular parks in London), and many more. On a more serious note, London is also a global leader in financial and banking services. In fact, the city attracts a steady stream of business travellers. That’s why it hosts a great array of business events per year.
About Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Airport is the second busiest airport in the United Kingdom. Before it began its operations, it was known as Surrey Aero Club. It was a modest flyers club that was utilized exclusively by flying enthusiasts. Four years after the small flyers club was set up, it was licensed as a public aerodrome. This meant that it acted as a relief aerodrome for London Croydon Airport, i.e. to provide regular air services. This was the year that Gatwick Airport also gained its first scheduled flights, to Paris and Belfast via Hillman’s Airways.
Over the last six decades, Gatwick Airport has grown from serving just 186,000 passengers to over 46 million passengers annually. With the airport’s services, passengers can now fly to 230 destinations in more than 70 countries. The airport also has an extended long-haul network, to 63 routes.
Important Gatwick Airport Facts
- The total size of Gatwick Airport is: Eight hectares.
- Number of runways in the airport: One runway.
- Length of runways: 3,316m x 45m.
- Number of pier-served stands: 71 stands with a 50:50 split between each terminal.
- Number of remote stands: 72 remote stands (serviceable by coach).
- Number of check-in desks: 159 desks in North Terminal and 187 desks in South Terminal (includes 69 self-service kiosks).
Information on Gatwick Airport Terminals
- North Terminal: Opened in 1988. Its size is 98,000 square metres and comes with retail facilities.
- South Terminal: Opened in 1958. Its size is 160,000 square metres and comes with retail facilities
Gatwick Airport Passenger Services
Here is a quick at the main passenger services that are available in Gatwick Airport:
- Chapel and prayer rooms
- Luggage services
- Lost and found department
- Internet and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Currency exchange services
- Airport hotels and lounges
- Special assistance services
- Business facilities
- Kids zones
Gatwick Airport Awards and Recognition
Gatwick Airport’s most recent achievements include:
- Biodiversity Benchmark 2017: A nationally recognised standard for one’s commitment to responsible land management and biodiversity.
- Cheapflights.com 2017: Favourite UK airport for food and drink, airport security experience, and short-haul flights.
- London Construction Awards 2017: Development of North Terminal earned the airport the Process Innovation award.
- Airport Operators Association 2017: UK’s best airport in terms of its solutions for airfield safety week and waste plant management.
- Digital Impact Awards 2017: Won for best digital in-house team of the year.
- Airports Going Green 2017: For having an outstanding sustainability programme.
- National Transport Awards 2017: Airport of the Year.
- Top 50 Companies for Customer Service 2017: One of the top companies listed in this category, on social media.
Hotels Near Gatwick Airport
- Langshott Manor: Located in Langshott Lane, Langshott, Horley. The hotel is approximately 1.7 miles away from Gatwick Airport. It was built in the late 1500s. Thanks to its private location, Langshott Manor makes for the perfect secret night away. What’s more, most of the building’s original features are still intact. If you think that the grounds of the hotel look lovely, wait till you see its rooms. Huge beds draped with diaphanous fabrics, a log fire, and more. The hotel is brimming with romantic extras. Next, breakfast and dinner are available at the hotel’s Mulberry Restaurant (3 AA Rosette).
- Alexander House & Utopia Spa: Less than six miles from Gatwick Airport, Alexander House & Utopia Spa is located in East Street, Turners Hill. This hotel promises to provide its guests with a tranquil experience. Imagine this: You, chilling in a beautifully upholstered sofa while sipping on a glass of chilled Champagne. At the same time, a fine dinner is being prepared for you.
- Ghyll Manor Hotel & Restaurant: Known for its beautifully landscaped gardens, Ghyll Manor is 5.5 miles away from Gatwick Airport. Located in High Street, Rusper, Horsham, the 17th century country house hotel offers a West Sussex countryside experience. Beamed with stunning oak accents, the hotel combines most of its original features with modern comforts.
- Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa: Nutfield Priory hotel is located 5.6 miles away from the airport. It is an idyllic country mansion that dates back to 1872. The hotel covers more than 40 tranquil acres of land and offers breath-taking views of the Sussex and Surrey countryside. Don’t forget to indulge in exquisite meals prepared by the hotel’s superb chefs!
- Highley Manor: Located in Haywards Heath, Highley Manor is a quintessential English property six miles away from the airport. It is situated in the beautiful Sussex countryside and covers 7.5 acres of grounds. The hotel is perfect as a wedding venue, conference venue, or a weekend retreat. It’s useful to note that Eastbourne is 28.6 miles away, Brighton & Hove is 17.4 miles away, and London is 29 miles away.
Gatwick Airport Transportation Information
Gatwick Airport is home to Gatwick Express. It offers a non-stop rail service between Victoria and the airport. Other basic transportation services that are available in the airport include the usual taxi services, bicycle rentals, coach services, and car and motorbike rentals. No time to get stuck in public transportation delays? Get your own private transport through London Minibus Ltd!
London Airport Transfer for a Hassle-Free Travel Experience
At London Minibus Ltd, we understand that your trip has to be perfect. We are also aware that no one wants to reach their hotel or destination perspiring profusely due to luggage handling. Why not let us handle these tedious tasks for you so that you can enjoy maximum comfort throughout your vacation in London? You can count on our team to cater to all of your transportation needs from start to finish. You can choose to ride in stellar vehicles from our fleet, including standard and executive minibuses.
Call us at 0208 191 7760 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information today!