Planning a trip to London? Booking your air tickets was the easy part. What about getting to and from destinations, in and around the city? Everyone wants to enjoy a convenient travel experience. The first step to achieving that goal is to book London airport transfer. This way, you no longer need to join long queues or encounter unexpected delays that can mess up your travel plans in London.
Getting to Know London
The diversity, culture, and life of London is simply awe-inspiring. There is so much to see and do, for tourists and locals alike. If you are a foodie, there is a wide range of fine restaurants located in this iconic city. If you are an individual, who appreciates all things cultural, there are tons of attractions like the Royal Opera House, the House of Parliament, and more. That’s not all. London is also Europe’s major business hub. It is one of the most developed cities of the world. Every year, many individuals travel to London for business purposes. Hence, there is never a shortage of meeting spaces, business hotels, etc. Simply put, London is a stellar city to conduct business.
About Luton Airport
London Luton Airport (LLA) was officially inaugurated on 16th of July 1938. It is one of the oldest operational airports in the United Kingdom. The airport is also primarily owned by the Borough of Luton and is home to 11 airlines. Location-wise, Luton Airport is approximately 45 km north of Central London and 2.4 km east of the Luton town centre. Today, Luton Airport offers holiday flights to over 70 unique destinations and 30 countries across North Africa, the Middle East, and Europe. These destinations include Warsaw, Madeira, Ibiza, Stockholm, Paris, and more. In 2017, Luton Airport served over 15,799,000 passengers.
Important Luton Airport Facts
- Number of runways in the airport: One asphalt runway.
- Length of runway: 2,162m.
- Direction of runway: 08/26.
- Notable runway features: Category 3 Instrument Landing System.
- Number of departure gates: 28 gates.
- Number of check-in desks: 62 desks.
Information on Luton Airport Terminals
Luton Airport operates a single terminal. Over 15 million passengers pass through this terminal per year. This busy passenger terminal is housed in a two-storey building. It has been renovated several times, thus you can expect it to be modern. The main hall is located on the ground floor. Aside from the check-in desks, departure gates, arrivals facilities, etc., Luton Airport is also well equipped to help families who are travelling with children. The airport offers facilities that have accessibility features. This makes things easier for disabled travellers and those who require special assistance.
Luton Airport Passenger Services
Here is a quick at the main passenger services that are available in Luton Airport:
- Airport hotels
- Executive lounges
- Restaurants and bars
- Duty free shopping
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Special assistance facilities
- Children’s facilities
- … and more!
Luton Airport Awards and Recognition
In 2015, Luton Airport won the prestigious Business Charity Award. The airport was recognized for its efforts in creating jobs for local young people. Their work was called the Get into Airports programme. It was a four-week programme designed to give locals (aged between 18 and 25) a better understanding of working in an array of roles at the Airport. This comes with the potential to find future employment as well. The Airport’s flagship programme proved to be so successful that it inspired other employers to replicate this “Get into … ” model.
Hotels Near Luton Airport
- Luton Hoo Hotel: Luton Hoo is set in a striking location, among attractive parkland and the Bedfordshire countryside. The hotels date from the 18th century and is renowned for its rich history. Accommodations here feature antique and lavish-style furnishings, and traditional interiors. The decor is well-maintained and pay homage to notable characters who once frequented the mansion. While the mansion home only has 35 rooms, another 193 rooms are available in the Club house, Flower Garden, and the Parkland. Luton Hoo is also home to the Wernher restaurant.
- The Woburn Hotel: Located in 1 George Street, Woburn, Milton Keynes, the Woburn Hotel is one of Bedfordshire’s finest country hotels. The 4 AA stars hotel is situated in Woburn’s picturesque Georgian Village. The hotel is great for weekend breaks and special occasions such as bridal parties, weddings, etc. There are also 39 rooms available here, including Abbey Deluxe rooms, executive cottages, and cottage suites.
- Sopwell House: Sopwell House is in close proximity to St Albans’ historic centre. Situated on tranquil grounds, guests’ bedroom balconies overlook beautiful garden and farmlands. There is even a Japanese-inspired swimming pool for guests to cool themselves off. Other relaxing facilities include a spa terrace, starlit steam room, and glass fronted sauna. Business travellers can also make use of the modern conference centre.
- Beales Hotel: Beales Hotel is a modern, contemporary hotel that offers more than 50 individually-designed bedrooms. They are slick and modern and feature an array of designer furniture and artwork. What’s more, their bedrooms have Hypnos mattresses, which guarantee a good night’s sleep.
Luton Airport Transportation Information
Luton Airport is accessible via both public and private transport. A regular shuttle bus service is available between the London Luton Airport terminal and the Luton Airport Parkway. Travellers can find the Luton Airport train station towards A1081 and Kimpton Road. The airport is served by frequent local bus services. These services take travellers to surrounding areas. Next, Luton Airport is served by more than 500 taxi companies as well. If you want to avoid crowds, your best choice is to hire an airport transfer service.
Start and End Your Trip Right with London Airport Transfer
London Minibus Ltd strives to help our valued clients travel smart, conveniently, and easily. We understand the hassles of handling heavy luggage, squeezing in between crowds to get from point A to point B, getting a transport that gets you to your intended destination safely, and more. We can take care of these tasks for you. We are a full-service transport company. Our standard and executive minibuses are perfect for group travels.
Call us at 0208 191 7760 or email us at email@example.com for more information today!